How To Invite To Church
via Shawn :
ONE of the mistakes I think we Pastors make as much as any other is telling people WHAT to do on the weekends without showing them HOW to do it. For instance, so many pastors every weekend tell the members of their congregations to "go share Jesus with the lost". However, I am convinced that most of the time, people don't know HOW to share Jesus with the lost! That's so broad! As Pastors, we've got to do a better job, not just telling people WHAT to do, but showing them HOW to do it. IN honor of this truth, I wanted to share THE TOP 10 WAYS TO INVITE SOMEONE TO CHURCH WITHOUT GETTING PUMMELED:
1. Send a co-worker an e-invite from our church website, with a note that says: "Just thought you might connect with what our church is going to be talking about this weekend."
2. Send a link to one of our church's online sermons with a note that says: "When I heard this message, I thought about what you've been going through..."
3. Take w worship guide in to work with the message series title on it and say: "When I heard this message title, I thought of you."
4. Have a BBQ and invite some co-workers or friends over to eat. Here's the only criteria for the INVITATION list: They can't be going to church anywhere.
5. Invite someone to lunch on Sunday (or dinner on Saturday) and then say: "Hey, would you guys be interested at all in meeting us at our church beforehand, and THEN going to eat?
6. Think of someone who had a tough year this past year, drop them an enail or a phone call and simply say: "when I was listening to my pastor;s message this past week, I thought about you and prayed for you (IF you actually prayed for them)."
7. Invite a family friend's child over to spend the night with our children on Saturday Night and then ask the family's permission to take their child on to church with you and drop them off afterward. If our Children's Ministry rocks, this child will be one of Jesus' biggest advertisers afterward!
8. Just say: "Hey, man, what would I have to do to talk you into giving God and the church one more shot this week?"
9. Just say: "Hey, are you going to church anywhere right now? Why don't you come hang out with me this weekend at our church?"
10. Say: "You would not believe what my church is going to be doing this next weekend..."
Not just WHAT, but HOW...DOES THIS HELP AT ALL???
Youth Ministry Resources
Our thoughts and ideas on all things youth ministry resources.